LEADING WITH SERVICE SINCE 1974
At KDV Label, we’re passionate about what we do and hold ourselves, and one another, accountable to living our core values each day: craftsmanship, care, collaboration, and creativity. This creates a friendly and rewarding work environment where you can grow your career and truly be part of the team.
KDV Label has production facilities in Waukesha, Wisconsin and Loveland, Colorado. We have become a leader in the label industry by maintaining our strong reputation for quality, consistency, and performance.
The main objective of the Prepress Technician is to produce high quality flexographic and/or digital art files to be reviewed and approved by the customer. Prepress follows flexographic print standards to aid the press operators while printing to achieve quality printed labels. PDF Proofs are prepared utilizing Adobe Creative Suite, Esko, and Art Pro. Proofs are sent to customer service for review, and then sent to the customer for final review. Once PDF proof is approved, customer service will request plates. Prepress steps and RIPs artwork to create plate files. Prepress assembles plate bag to contain job ticket, printed approved proof, and eventually plates. On occasion, prepress is required to make plates utilizing plate making equipment, including, engravers, developers, and exposure units, as well as cutters and utility knives. Plates are inspected and cut to size and placed into the plate bag, assembled by prepress. Prepress also maintains and archives all art files and plate files.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Perform routine operations related to Prepress – be open to improving and learning new skills
- Build mechanicals per job details and press specifications
- Create vector artwork including drawing, typesetting, composition, trapping, stepping, image placement and color modification
- Proofread all generated artwork including customer artwork and final approved files
- Include all press specifications in mechanical files: marks, registration, gain curves, profiles
- Output files to cdi plate maker
- Maintain knowledge of all output devices including proofing equipment
- Keep consistency in packaging across brands
- Output plates using the Esko Imaging Engine system.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work environment
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- A thorough understanding of digital file formats (AI, pdf, tiff, eps)
- Knowledge of high-end color management
- Knowledge of 4-color process and modified process printing
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and ability to retain detailed instructions
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Graphic Design or Packaging (preferred) or equivalent experience
- 2 years experience working in a prepress production environment preferred
- Pre-press experience in trapping and screening Esko Imaging Engine and Artpro experience preferred
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Quarterly Bonus
- 401(K) with immediate match and Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of KDV Label to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all candidates and employees regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, disability, race, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.