LEADING WITH SERVICE SINCE 1974
At KDV Label, we’re passionate about what we do and hold ourselves, and one another, accountable to living our core values each day: craftsmanship, care, collaboration, and creativity. This creates a friendly and rewarding work environment where you can grow your career and truly be part of the team.
KDV Label has production facilities in Waukesha, Wisconsin and Loveland, Colorado. We have become a leader in the label industry by maintaining our strong reputation for quality, consistency, and performance.
The Production Planner/Scheduler serves as the primary planner for all orders in production and serves as the key contact between Operations and Account Management, while ensuring each customer is served at the exemplary level for which KDV is known. Understanding and delivering on KDV’s philosophy and processes for providing this world class service are critical in this role and for working as part of our high-performing, customer-focused team.
This is an on-site position working at our Waukesha, WI facility.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Create and maintain the production schedule and prioritize work orders for production optimization.
- Work with Production Supervisors to lead the creation of daily work center production schedules.
- Ensures accuracy of all planning relevant master data.
- Provide direction to Operations to ensure appropriate jobs are loaded to meet production demands.
- Communicate with Buyers to provide adequate material supply to meet forecasted production demands.
- Maintain and review planning to ensure schedule optimization and meeting promised delivery dates.
- Maintain effective communications with Account Management, shop floor leadership, and other internal customers regarding inventory requirements, job status, materials flow and documents, expedites, and estimated completion.
- Establish and maintain work procedures and records within required health and safety standards.
- Complete data analysis to review and evaluate production progress, work in process, and raw material inventory in-line with finished goods demands.
- Maintain key performance indicators such as schedule attainment and provide recommendations for improvement on identified gaps.
- Interact with shop floor leadership daily to resolve issues regarding production, manufacturing efficiencies or to provide additional information as requested by Manufacturing, Account Management and Accounting.
- Identify cycle count opportunities and coordinate with inventory management to resolve.
- Proactively evaluate and improve processes, involved with continuous improvement activities and cross-functional projects.
- Conduct a continuous study of internal processes and methods, research new technology and develop proposals for application of such technology for the purposes of cost reduction and process improvements.
- Exhibit and uphold KDV’s Core Values in all situations.
- Passion for customer service.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and change focused environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills across all levels.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documentation, estimates, manuals, requirements, and other written instruction.
- Exemplary attendance record.
- Availability to work extended hours as needed.
- Intermediate mathematical skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office with emphasis in Excel skills.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems and supply chain concepts.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- At least two years related experience in a manufacturing environment required, printing experience a plus.
- Experience with Radius ERP a plus.
- Associate’s degree in supply chain or related field or equivalent preferred.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(K) with Profit Sharing and Immediate Company Match
- Paid Time Off
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of KDV Label to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all candidates and employees regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, disability, race, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.