TAKE DOWN NOTICE
In the event that you are the owner of the copyright in any of the material on this website and do not consent to the use of your material in accordance with the terms and conditions of use of this website, please contact us providing the information requested below and we will withdraw your material from our website forthwith on receipt of your written objection and proof of ownership of the aforementioned material.
In order to process your complaint, please provide the information required using the following template.
This template should be used to document your complaint. This should then be sent to the to the Complaints Officer at the following email address: email@example.com
Your complaint will be acknowledged within 30 working days of receipt.
TAKE DOWN REQUEST TEMPLATE
To: Complaints Officer – firstname.lastname@example.org
From: [Name, address, telephone number and email address of complainant. Reference: [Title and unique identifier to which complaint refers] (subject of complaint).
1) Infringement of copyright/author’s rights/related rights.
a) The following material is protected in the USA, UK, Europe and in South America by intellectual property law.
i) [Describe the protected material in as much detail as possible so that the specific content, edition and format may be readily identified. Indicate the category for protection under intellectual property law (e.g. original literary, dramatic or musical work, software). Specify exactly the extent of use, e.g. by quoting text that has been reproduced] (The Protected Material).
- i) I/we own or am authorised to represent the owner of intellectual property rights in the protected material.
- ii) I am the creator of and thus have moral rights in the protected material.
c) I/we hereby give notice of:
- i) Unauthorised use by reason of reproduction and/or making available the protected material; and/or
- ii) Breach of the moral right of [paternity/integrity/right not to have my work subjected to derogatory treatment].
- 2) A complaint on grounds other than copyright and/or related rights.
- a) [Specify the nature of the complaint e.g. defamation, breach of confidence, data protection.]
- b) [Specify the law that is alleged to have been infringed].
- c) [Describe the infringing content in as much detail as possible e.g. by quoting or otherwise identifying the specific content].
- d) [Explain the nature of the infringement with regard to the applicable law, e.g. that an individual may reliably be identified and thus data protection legislation has been breached]
- 3) I/we hereby request, with reference to the subject of this complaint, you/your organisation:
a) Remove it from the website; and
- i) Cease further use of the material; and
- ii) Withdraw from circulation any materials that include it.
- 4) I/we request that you notify me/us when you have complied with my/our request in section 3 above.
- 5) I/we attach/direct you to the following additional information which supports my complaint:[proof of ownership, etc]
- 6) In relation to my/our complaint, I/we also inform you [any other relevant information including e.g. other steps taken to protect my rights].
- 7) The information contained in this notice is accurate and I believe, with good faith, that the publication, distribution and reproduction of the material described in section 1 is not authorised by the rightsholder, the rightsholder’s agent or the law and/or infringes the law as described in section 2 above.
- 8) This notice is given to you without prejudice to any other communication or correspondence relating to the protected rights or any other right.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Name:
Telephone number: Email address: